END THE SILENCE. END THE ABUSE.
Astonishingly, 1 in 10 children in our community will be sexually abused before their 18th birthday and, in many cases, it is silence and secrecy that allow the abuse to begin and continue. It is time for us to speak up for the children in our community who can’t speak for themselves.
Limited access to care for children and families
Serving only 1/3 of the eligible children in Erie County
Limited on-site treatment availability
Limited parking and a lack of handicap access
The ability to assist over 3,000 abused children annually
Extended hours and 24/7 on-call staffing
Increased advocacy and community education regarding abuse
Access to new, evidence-based treatments and services
Help rebuild our Child Advocacy Center at BestSelf | CACBUFFALO.ORG
ABOUT THE CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER AT BESTSELF
The Child Advocacy Center at BestSelf is a centralized location where children who have been sexually or physically abused can receive all of the services they need.
Consisting of over two dozen local and national law enforcement agencies, prosecutors and medical professionals, child protective services, and mental health specialists, the multi- disciplinary team is the heart and soul of the Child Advocacy Center at BestSelf and will provide the most comprehensive and advanced care to our community’s children and their families.
Some of our partners include:
- BestSelf Behavioral Health
- Crisis Services
- Erie County Child Protective Services
- Erie County District Attorney’s Office
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- International Institute of Buffalo
- Kaleida-Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Law Enforcement
- Seneca Nation of Indians-Cattaraugus Indian Reservation
- And many more
The new Child Advocacy Center at BestSelf, located at 768 Delaware Avenue, will be more than 4x the size of the current facility allowing for:
- The co-location of all partner organizations (including medical care, counseling, legal counsel, law enforcement, etc.)
- Easy access to trauma-informed treatment and innovative evidence-based therapies for children and their families
- Redesign of the waiting and treatment areas to create comfortable environments for children of all ages
- Increased forensic interview and medical examination rooms
- Additional support programs, such as pet therapy
- Full handicap accessibility
- Located on a major bus route, with significantly increased on-site parking